Blackstock was appointed to help merchant bank Salamanca with the branding and marketing of Gravity, the first clean and green innovation smart campus in the UK.
We helped Salamanca formulate a communications strategy for the 616 acre site in Bridgewater, Somerset, beginning with reviewing and formulating the marketing approach for the smart campus. This was then backed with a press campaign emphasising the campus’ role in creating jobs and boosting the UK’s growing tech and biomed sectors.
Our campaign achieved substantial coverage and drew the attention of Tesla’s Elon Musk, who considered the site as the location for a UK gigafactory.
We also gave strategic advice to Salamanca’s pharmaceutical venture, working closely with Lord Triesman, the former Secretary of State for Tony Blair. During the Covid-19 pandemic we supported Salamanca’s campaign for CBILLS to be underwritten by the Bank of England.
Our work for Salamanca showcases our ability to quickly build confidence and trust with new clients. We regularly secured top tier media coverage at local and national level, in addition to appearances on BBC Radio 5Live Wake Up to Money for Salamanca’s Chairman Martin Bellamy.
- Proactive press engagement meant This is Gravity has reached an audience of over 97 million
- Press highlights include BBC News’ at 10, BBC Radio 4 Today, BBC 5 Live Wake Up To Money, Sky News’ Ian King The Times, The Daily Telegraph,The Sun and leading trade publications
- Salamanca Group’s CEO, Martin Bellamy discusses the government’s CBILS on BBC Radio 4 Today
- Gravity’s Martin Bellamy speaks with BBC 5 Live Wake Up To Money about the economic importance of innovation and tech
- BBC News at 10 speaks with Gravity about levelling up transport infrastructure in the regions
- The Times reports on Elon Musk considering Gravity for new Tesla factory’
- Lord David Triesman writing for The Times on international responses to Covid-19
“Blackstock are great listeners, they understand exactly what we at Gravity are trying to achieve. We wanted an agency that understood entrepreneurial businesses that take calculated risks to grow and we needed an agency to reflect that and support us in our journey.
I have always found that Jamie and the team at Blackstock provide just the right balance of professionalism and creativity to suit our needs. Projects are approached with enthusiasm, creative angles to solve gaps in the market and a focus to deliver on time. I see them as an extension to our company, and to me, that is what success looks like when working with an agency.”
Daniela Sarti, Director of Brand and Communications, Salamanca Group