Blackstock was appointed by TDR Capital in 2019 to drive up the presence of its modular housing company ilke Homes, advising across a range of functions including corporate communications, media relations, business development and public affairs. As a trusted strategic consultant to the firm’s partners, Blackstock has worked tirelessly to establish a leading position in the housing sector for ilke, helping secure major JVs with institutional investors and directly assisting with fundraising.
Additionally, we have worked closely with the firm’s board to support internal communications and other strategic decision-making, while at the same time managing a raft of marketing and communications functions, ranging from press office and social media management, to content generation and other ad-hoc support.
On the public policy side, we have engaged closely with the central Government, securing notable policy concessions in favour of modern methods of construction through our joint working with other industry leaders. We have ensured ilke Homes’ views have been listened to and sought to establish them as a “go to” with decision-makers over the past few years.
- Over 573 press hits secured between 2019 and March 2021 with a combined reach of over 690 million
- Multiple industry awards, including The Sunday Times ‘Hundred House’ 2019, the Offsite Award at the Constructing Excellence Yorkshire and Humber 2019 Awards and the Best Use of Bim award at the Building Innovation Awards
- Regular broadcast coverage, including a live, all-morning takeover on BBC One Breakfast TV, with countless spots for new launches and market analysis
- Ongoing social media growth, raising the number of followers for the company’s Twitter account by over 1,000 in a year
- Financial Times: Places for People bets £100m on modular housing
- Estates Gazette: Property calls for new ‘Homes for Heroes’ modular boost
- Daily Express: UK housing associations launch touching ‘Homes for Heroes’ campaign to reward key workers
Dave Sheridan, executive chairman at ilke Homes, says:
“Blackstock Consulting has been instrumental in not only putting ilke Homes on the map, but the modular sector as a whole. The company’s sector-specific knowledge has allowed them to devise creative, thoughtful and insightful corporate communications strategies that has allowed us, as a fairly new company, to demonstrate our offering to potential partners and investors in a clear and concise way.”