We were engaged by ilke Homes to help shift the conversation around modular housing and establish ilke Homes as pioneers of the offsite sector. We mapped out a decisive communications strategy ahead of the largest modular housing deal in UK history between ilke Homes and Places for People, worth £100 million.
Challenges the client faced
Long-term misconceptions of modular housing and negative connotations with post-war prefabs.
What we did for them
By showcasing how ilke Homes’ homes are high-quality and precision-engineered in a factory in the same way a car is, we have demonstrated to the public and the media how innovation is shaking up housebuilding in the UK and the vast discrepancies in terms of quality between modular housing and prefabs.
- Major print coverage of the Places for People deal including the Financial Times and extensive trade press coverage
- Broadcast and radio interviews following the Places for People deal for BBC Breakfast and BBC Radio 4 – You and Yours
- Interviews and factory visits from Reuters TV, BBC Look North, Metro and Inside Housing
- Dave Sheridan is now a leading voice on offsite manufacturing
7.8m+ impressions across national press, trade press, broadcast and radio, establishing ilke Homes’ executive chairman Dave Sheridan as an innovator and ilke Homes as an industry disrupter.
Why our approach works
- Our insight and knowledge of the residential sector and modern methods of construction MMC ensure that we can offer valuable strategic communications advice and create value for the business
- Through our well-established, long-term connections with journalists across the media, we have delivered exceptional press coverage and engagement for ilke Homes, including BBC, Reuters TV, FT, Metro, The Times and Inside Housing
- We act as more than just a PR agency. We deliver hard hitting insights and data analysis, much in the same way a think tank does, this allows us to better understand industry issues and advise our clients accordingly. By doing so, we were able to give strategic support to ilke Homes in their communications strategy for the deal between Places for People and ilke Homes.
- Moving forward, we have began establishing Dave Sheridan as a leading voice in modular housebuilding, and are positioning ilke Homes as an innovative, efficient and sustainable solution to the housing crisis through on-going commentary and bylined columns.
“In such a short amount of time, Blackstock has achieved an enormous amount of high-quality and in-depth coverage for ilke Homes. We’ve seen a dramatic shift in the conversation around offsite manufacturing since their appointment and have had a huge amount of interest from a number of parties within the property industry as well as several phone calls from journalists from some of the UK’s most influential newspapers. They have gone above and beyond and we look forward to continuing the progress that we are making together and ensuring that offsite manufacturing becomes the norm in the UK.”