Blackstock was appointed in mid-2020 to advise Europe’s leading student accommodation brand on strategic communications, B2B and B2C media relations and crisis management.
During the Covid-19 pandemic our support expanded to cover other topics such as student security and wellbeing, technology and fundraising. With a portfolio of 10,000 bedrooms across Europe, Blackstock provided additional assistance in managing multiple client and investor relationships across the firm’s communication streams.
We also facilitated a deal on behalf of our client Notting Hill Genesis in which Nido provided accommodation for the housing association’s residents when one of its buildings developed significant structural issues.
Our extensive experience of crisis communications and excellent relationship with the media ensured we were able to guide Nido core leadership team through the chaotic early weeks of the pandemic. Within a very short period of time, we built a solid relationship with Nido and are now in talks to support its other brands.
- Property Week Operator of the Year Award
- Property Week Private Halls of Residence of the Year Award
- The Class of 2020 Resident Wellbeing Award
- 18 crises managed between September 2020 to February 2021
- Proactive press coverage across Europe secured reaching an audience of 49,195,047
- Positive coverage across broadcast (Bloomberg Radio, LBC News), National Broadsheets (The Telegraph) and trades (Property Week, Property EU, Bridging & Commercial, Development Finance Today)
- Facilitated a deal of over 100 leases within a week for Nido by connecting other clients
- The Daily Telegraph: Turkey sandwiches and bingo: What Christmas on Campus will look like for students who can’t go home
- Property EU: Nido to expand further across Europe, CEO says
- EG: Designing PBSA for digital natives is more important than ever
- Development Finance Today: Why PBSA will still be an A* investment
Brian Welsh, Head of student at Round Hill Capital, said:
“Since we appointed Blackstock, they have gone above and beyond their corporate communications remit delivering 24/7 crisis management advice and communications, putting together a market house view on our behalf and even facilitating a large deal with a fellow client. We have benefited from strategic advice, business development and their in-depth sector expertise and look forward to continuing to do so in the long-term.”